Tuesday, July 06, 2004

 

WHATS WRONG WITH MY GAS STOVE?

When I turn my gas oven on, my glow bar will come on, but my oven wont light, is my gas valve bad ?

If the glowbar is weak, the gas valve wont light. the glow bar can be tested by me, for free, just bring it in my friend!

Unless the the valve has no continuity, or is leaking, It aint the valve! lol!

Here is the secret: the bi-metal inside the gas valve has a tiny coil wrapped around it , as the amount of electricity passing through increases, the bimetal bends and allows gas to go out into the burner. Over time the glow bar will get weak and not put out enough sting to open the valve (even tho it will glow). In technical terms the valve must exceed 3 amps at least, sometimes 3.5 amps. How can you tell if its the glow bar? Bring it into the shop and let the kid test it. Its free so is the rank a$$ coffee!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?